Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday Random

Remember when you could watch tv without that irritating channel logo in the corner?
~~~~~~~
I love my new New Balance cross trainers. The shoelaces remind me of edamame – they have little lumps that lock in place so I don’t have to double knot them anymore.

This saves me at least 30 seconds a day with all that tiresome tying and untying. Big thanks to the big brain at New Balance for that, yo.
~~~~~~~~
Isn’t the Internet a wonder? A whole site dedicated to soy beans.
~~~~~~~~
It’s Spring and that means it’s time to watch the Wizard of Oz.

Before cable and video and dvd, I had to wait for my favorite movie to come on network tv. And for whatever reason, the Wizard of Oz always was shown in early Spring.

Now, even though I could watch Dorothy and Friends every day and twice on Sundays if I really wanted, I still only watch it once a year in April or May.

The start of it – when the lion roars and the dramatic music starts up – still gives me chills.

I’ll be watching it this Sunday afternoon if you happen to be in the neighborhood.
~~~~~~~~~
The place where I go to tan (andhellyeahIknowit’snotgoodformewhatdo youdothat’snotgoodforyousmartypants?) uses island names for all the rooms with the tanning beds. Maui. St. Thomas. You get it.

Last night the perky, unbelievably tan little counter person said: “Okay, you’re goin’ to St. Martin!”

This morning I explained this to my dear friend Nelson who was kind enough to invite me along for a blissful week on the beach in St. Martin earlier this year. He understood instantly.

“Right,” he said. “It used to be cute. Now it’s just annoying.”
~~~~~~~~~
A short man wearing a large cowboy hat walking south on Wacker.

And the Chicago River was filthy-smelly-gross this morning.
~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: Red Eye
I am listening to: Shakira/Wyclef Jean – Hips Don’t Lie
I am: Looking forward to Thursday

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

written in true Larry King fashion.