Saturday, October 24, 2009

GTS!

Sure it was a rough week but I realized last night that my foul mood was getting in the way of seeing all the really good things this week.

And the number one good thing is this: We're celebrating Jim's Mom's 80th birthday today.

That's how bad the week was - I totally forgot about this other Major Event that we've been planning since June. Sixty people. Family and her neighbors and her friends and our neighbors and our friends. And an accordion player who specializes in Polka music.

It's today.

Today we're celebrating this woman who is a blessing to everyone. She's taken great care of herself - she certainly doesn't look like an octogenarian - and still manages to take care of all of us.

I am particularly grateful because she raised a son who is unbelievably kind and loving to me.

So there ya go. Good Things Saturday.

Happy birthday, Mom W. Many happy returns.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Plain White T's - All That We Needed
I am reading: High on Arrival by Mackenzie Phillips
And I am: Grateful

2 comments:

judy said...

GREAT party Hedy and Jim!! I know mamma W had a wonderful time as we did, too!! xoxo

Susan's Snippets said...

Hedy -

I believe Mrs. W said "This is Awesome!" as she walked in the front door and saw all the decorations at one of the only birthday parties in her adulthood thrown for her.

You and Jim proudly hosted a spectular party for a very special lady!!

Congratulations!!

royal jubilations