Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Year of Traveling Lightly

I'm off to St. Martin tomorrow when Tony Orlando gets up (at the crack of Dawn). :)

I certainly hope this little slice of the Internet will not become Hedy's Health Report, but I am happy to report that I (finally) figured out the reason for my most recent malady.

Everything Happens for a Reason, I always say.

On a very basic level, this whole "rib out" thing was due to the fact that I was carrying too much to/from work in my backpack. Gods bless my chiropractor.

But as I was packing for St. Martin this morning, I realized the Larger Lesson from the pain (lotta pain) of the past two weeks.

I've been carrying around way too much of everything in the past year: physically, mentally and spiritually.

Besides the aforementioned backpack, I've also been lugging a lot of other baggage -- I've let so many of the things that happened in 2005 weigh me down mentally and spiritually.

So 2006 will be the Year of Traveling Lightly. Anything that isn't useful is being left behind.

And I feel better already.

I'll try to update while I'm on vacation, otherwise you'll hear from me again on January 8.

Best wishes to all for the coming year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

This is great! I can't wait to hear (read) more. Have a great vacation!

Your cousin,

Jamie

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an on line diary. "Dear Diary" or perhaps "Dear Ann Landers". This is my first exposure to a blog. I will look for others. Do senior citizens have blogs?" Only some html tags are accepted it seems.

So much to learn....

JD's Leadership Blog said...

Hey Heather - wow... very impressed. Just want to make sure that all is ok with you?? Sorry we did not get together with you over Christmas - were you back here in Michigan?

Drop us a note - we will keep checking your blog page. Let me know if this worked.

JD

Anonymous said...

hiyas heather its ya cousin dan. traveling lightly is a very good idea.
At that time Jesus....said....."Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My load is light"
hey saul the jew turned into paul the apostle....saul was a persecuter of God's people...ie mass murderer and he got saved. so I think this dumbass old biker named dan (captain) might have a chance of gettin into heaven too lolol. dont be so suprised i read the good book too lmao
love ya sweeties and it was great to see you and your old man. i look forward to your next visit so we can spend some time together