Thursday, February 16, 2006

Yellows

Driving to the train station this morning every light was yellow.

Every light.

How many yellow lights do you see in an average trip across town?

Today I saw eight.

The “everything is a message” side of my brain determined that at least for today, I should slow down.

The “you’re full of crap” side of my brain decided that no matter what I do, today is going to be a Royal Pain in the Ass.

The fact is, both are probably true. Some days just don’t flow and this is one of them.

The best you can do is hang on and try not to do too much damage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tip: Before you floss, squeeze a small glob of toothpaste onto your index finger. Draw the floss through the toothpaste between your finger and thumb, coating the entire string. Floss. The toothpaste gets down in between your teeth and makes your mouth feel fresh, fresh, fresh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just in case you’re wondering who the hell my Valentine’s Day entry was for: it was for me.

You’re no good to others if you don’t take care of yourself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Program Note: Don’t be looking here for any more useful tips like the Floss Trick.

I ain’t Heloise. And I’m fresh outta hints.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yellow also means cowardly.

So the Universe could’ve been saying “Go For It, You Fucking Coward!”

Which is the complete opposite of slow down.

See how silly it is to think every little thing is a message all the time?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And just in case you’re thinking “Wow, Heather flosses every day. Who knew?”

No. And Hell, No.

I’m due for a cleaning in early March and I start flossing right around now to avoid a daily case of Shit Breath.

I suppose if I flossed every day, I wouldn’t have to do the Pre-Cleaning Shit Breath Avoidance Maneuver, but I’m far too irresponsible for that kind thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
To summarize today: Floss, kiddies, floss. And avoid the yellows.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: The Faders – No Sleep Tonight
I am reading: work e-mail
I am: better than expected

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your whole floss thing cracked me up!! I'm preparing now with the "Pre-Cleaning, Shit Breath Avoidance Maneuver" for my dentist appt. next week!!