Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm guessing

Due to a work-related errand, I am on the Metra train from LaFox today.

When I lived in Geneva from 1992 to 1998, LaFox was that teeny tiny town just east of Middle Nowhere. Now there’s a train station. And more than 100 cars in the parking lot at 7:30 this morning.

The scenery is quite different from the Aurora train. Trees. Farms. Horses.

No graffiti. And (I’m guessing) no niggaz.
~~~~~~~~~
I could do this every day.

I could catch the train in Geneva and arrive at a station just a block from my office. My regular station is a good 10-minute walk (about four and a half blocks.)

The ride from LaFox is less bumpy, too. I’m guessing that all the white-collar shmos from the leafy communities along this high-falutin’ line paid a little extra for that.
~~~~~~~~~
It’s hard to believe it’s been almost five years since 9/11.

I don’t know why I thought of that today.
~~~~~~~~~
I could do this route, for sure.

But I won’t.

There are more than a few reasons, but here are two: I could never leave Sir Richard the Gallant train conductor. And I’m guessing my ass would get huge from not walking so much.
~~~~~~~~~
Another ominous date is coming: tomorrow is June 6, 2006.

That’s 666 for you Bible thumper types.

I read somewhere that a lot of pregnant women are being induced so as to avoid giving birth to the Anti-Christ.

Good plan. I’m guessing.
~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Nothing
I am reading: Nothing
And I am: Quiet

0 comments: