Friday, September 22, 2006

Mush

I had mono in high school.

I wasn't making out with anyone at the time so the doctor said it was probably from sharing french fries in the cafeteria, as we were wont to do back then.

Today I wouldn't share fries with anyone -- not even you -- but that is a story for another day.

The point is, I was completely wiped out for six weeks. And crashed in bed for at least a week. My Mom could probably tell this story better since she was the one who waited on me hand and foot the whole time.

The doctor also said that any colds/flus I get later in life would wipe me out more than most because of the bad mono episode.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here I am at home for the fourth day in a row, fighting this ugly illness that has left me achy, sleepy, stuffy, fevery and crabby, in that order exactly.

I like the fact that I can still get work done. I don't like being away from the office.

And I don't like the fact that my brain is turning to mush from all the medicine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are random thoughts from the listless web surfing I've done today:

Madonna is a complete idiot:

"NBC programming officials are expected to ask Madonna's camp to cut the scene in which she's hung on a cross wearing a crown of thorns while singing 'Live to Tell.' Madonna's camp is expected to reject the change and then pull the show from NBC completely." On Friday, Madonna defended herself: "It is no different than a person wearing a cross. My performance is neither anti-Christian, sacrilegious or blasphemous. It is my plea to the audience to encourage mankind to help one another," the 48-year-old pop diva said in a statement. "I believe in my heart that if Jesus were alive today he would be doing the same thing." [Salon.com]

Right. Jesus would be up on a stage, singing bad pop tunes while hanging on a cross emblazened with thousands of lights.

Somehow I'm thinking he would find better ways to occupy his time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whah whah to the poor California pear growers who lost $10 million because they couldn't find any illegals to work for them.

“After a while, you get done being sad and start being really angry,” said Toni Scully, a lifelong Republican whose family owns a pear-packing operation in Lake County. “The Republicans have given us a lot of lip service, and our crops are hanging on the trees rotting.” [NY Times]

That's right. Let's blame the Republicans.

Your profits were based on a business model that relied on paying illegal immigrant laborers, but let's blame the government.

Excellent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Nothing
I am reading: Nothing
And I am: Mush

0 comments: