Thursday, July 15, 2010

GTF - Sweating Like a Whore in Church Edition

It's hot
And I am not complaining
Because soon it will be nasty cold again
But I am sweating like a whore in church lately
Which happens to be one of my most favorite sayings
Went to the Kane County Fair Wednesday night
This is not a particularly good thing - it was quite lame
But it's given me a whole new appreciation
For the best county fair on the planet
The uber-fair if you will (and I know you will)
The Sandwich Fair
It's not some suburban bullshit asphalt fair-poser show
Speaking of bullshit
Penn & Teller's Bullshit show is good clean fun
I don't always agree with them - sometimes they're just maniacally wrong
But still, it's entertainment
The Pillars of the Earth is a series on Starz starting one week from today
It's one of my all time favorite books
I'm quite certain the movie will disappoint as most books-turned-to-mini-series do
Still, I will watch a bit
Susie is coming for her annual visit tomorrow
We will shop, sun, shop, sun and drink a little
It is good
Speaking of old friends - Corbin's 50th birthday is next weekend
Jim 'n me are going to All Dressed Up for 70s costumes
I would like to be a Disco queen
Had a fantastic time in Lake Geneva with the You Know Who's and Judy & Steve
There's something very special about swimming in Lake Geneva (or Geneva Lake as it's called)
I got a haircut last night
Here's hoping we vanquished the Billy Ray Cyrus mullet
If you haven't seen Don't Mess with the Zohan, rent it immediately
It is outstanding fun but you have to watch it more than once to really catch everything
Mom & Da are coming to town very soon
Can't wait for that
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Quiet house
I am reading: Nothing right now
And i am: Sleepy

0 comments: