Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Only the bad witches are ugly

So says Glinda the Good Witch of the North.

Is it true? Do the things we do have an impact on how we look?

I’m not talking about smoking and eating and drinking too much – that stuff obviously has a long-term effect on your appearance.

I’m talking about our daily thoughts and actions, how we live our lives.

Does it show?

Here’s why I’m thinking about it: George Ryan, former governor of Illinois was found guilty yesterday on 18 counts including racketeering, tax evasion, mail fraud and lying to the FBI.

And he just looks like a greedy bastard, doesn’t he?

Wait a minute, Heather.

Are you saying that all physically unattractive people are evil?

Of course not.

Whether someone is physically attractive or not is purely subjective.

For example, I tend to notice someone’s personality/intelligence before their physical characteristics – that is what drives my perception of whether he is physically appealing or not.

So maybe that’s why I think Ryan is such an ugly human being.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of breaking the law, I’m heading to the health club this morning. I'm stopped at an intersection and know from experience this one stays red for a painfully long time.

It's 5 a.m. A quick look behind and ahead. Nobody. So I zip right through.

The thrill of finally being an outlaw after 39 years was diminished only slightly by the name of the street as I pass by: Ice Cream Drive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then there’s this guy.

The Pope.

I haven’t met him yet so I have no idea what he’s like as a person.

But the way he looks just creeps me right out for some reason. I know it’s wrong, but I just don’t get a good feeling looking at him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: The Chicago Tribune’s Red Eye
I am listening to: Pearl Jam – Severed Hand
And I am: Cool

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are dead wrong...I dont even notice their personality/intelligence....it's all about their Physical Attributes...Hell..I don't even hear their name!