Friday, January 05, 2007

The 110th Congress and whatnot

I was home again yesterday due to the damnfuckshithell hurty back thing.

I got back from the chiropractor just in time to hear a reporter from CLTV talk OVER the first woman being sworn in as Speaker of the House.

Why do they do that? Why can’t they just shut the fuck up and let a moment happen on television? Why do they have to TELL us what we’re SEEING?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other highlights as the 110th Congress convened:

All that stand up and clappage.

As I sat there icing my spine again, my mind wandered: “I wonder if someone in the audience has a herniated disc like me. I bet they’re having trouble. Maybe someone from the opposite party is taking it the Wrong Way.”

Perhaps it was local boy done gone, Denny Hastert.

The cameras zoomed in (well, not much zooming was necessary – the man is like a Midwestern version of Jabba the Hutt) on him and he wasn’t standing all that much. Or clapping. Or even smiling for that matter.

If I’m the Speaker, newly ousted from the House, I’m right out front grinning and clapping like a motherfucker to show no hard feelings and whatnot.

Right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess if I’m a Republican and don’t feel like standing up for the new Democratic leadership, I’d blame it on a herniated disc. Hastert shoulda pointed at his back, winced, and shook his head when the cameras panned to him.

That’s what I would’ve done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of Hastert, I met his right hand man’s best friend on the train Wednesday morning.

“What do you think of that?” he asked, pointing to the Obama book in my lap.

“Good so far,” I say, somewhat hesitant to talk politics with strangers.

“He used a lot of big words,” he said. “I had trouble getting through the audio book.”

I wasn’t sure how to respond because I haven’t noticed a whole lotta big words yet. Then I wondered if, like his best friend's main man, he's a Republican.

That would explain the whole big words thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is an historic moment for the Congress, and for the women of this country blah blah years of struggle blah blah all men and women are created equal blah blah we have broken the marble ceiling.”

Bullshit.

Of course it’s an historic moment.

But if Pelosi thinks for one minute that she’s broken or even cracked the marble ceiling, I’m sorry, but she’s just another bat-shit crazy broad.

White men still run this country. White men like Cheney and Rumsfeld and Bush who think it’s quaint that a chick now holds the gavel in the House.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back on the train with Hastert’s right hand man’s (“I almost married his sister”) best friend, I’m thinking again.

Obama needs to appeal to everyone if he’s going to be elected president. And if anyone, anywhere says they’re having trouble getting through his book because of all the big words, that’s an issue.

I wonder if he knows. Someone should tell him.

I'm just the broad to do it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: The commentator yapping over the new speaker SHADDAP!!!!
I am reading: Obama’s book (still)
And I am: Blah

0 comments: