Monday, April 27, 2009

Proud of what?

First the Chicago Tribune endorsed Obama. Now they've come out in favor of civil unions for homosexuals.

Surely the end times are at hand.

If you read some of the hate-filled comments after the editorial you'd believe that Christ isn't feeling so cuddly-wuddly these days and is coming back TOMORROW to smite or smote or whathaveyou the GAYS and send the Tribune Editors STRAIGHT TO HELL.

Or something like that.

Here's a guess: with the sorry state of the newspaper industry, it's likely that hell would be a refreshing reprieve from what those stressed out editors are dealing with these days.

Here's my problem: Guys like Edwin Ayala, who sign their hate-filled comments with "Proud to be An American and Heterosexual."

Heh?

Listen up, Edwin. If you were born in another country and became an American citizen, then go ahead. Be proud of that. Rock on.

However. If you were born here, shut the fuck up.

Being proud of things over which you have no control is ridiculous - and worse, dangerous. It's like saying "Proud to be White."

Be proud of your accomplishments. Be proud of your children. Hell, be proud of your yard if it looks nice this time of year.

But don't be proud of shit you didn't do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Early morning office sounds
I am reading: Nothing
And I am: Not a huge fan of pride anyhow

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gluttony - Anger - Lust - Pride - Sloth - Envy - Covetousness.

I'm not big on quoting the deadly sins... but I do agree that Pride should be considered a sin.
Pride is for idiots!

Although I must admit to the sensation of pride when I turn to see one of my newly minted golden brown grunts in the back yard.

But that is as far as I get with pride.

Grommie