Sunday, April 08, 2007

Christian nation, my ass


Tell me, please. When was the United States a Christian nation?

When we stole this land from Native Americans -- allowing those that we didn't massacre to live in captivity on reservations?

When we bought and sold slaves, and then freed them only to keep things separate but equal for another hundred years?

When we burned 'witches' at Salem?

When we ignored genocide in Germany? In China? In Afghanistan? In Bosnia? In Rwanda?

And today, in Darfur, because there's no oil, no money to be made by getting involved?

Our history was never about worshiping the Almighty.

It's about worshiping the almighty dollar.

Christian nation? My ass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: The Ten Commandments
I am reading: Blogs Against Theocracy
And I am: Disgusted

2 comments:

Dave said...

Made me think. Not fair on Sunday morning. Happy Easter.

Dave said...

Hedy, write something. Thanks.

Dave.