Monday, April 30, 2007

Perfect morning

“You rang?”

“I was calling to say I’d go with you guys but you already left,” I say.

“We’re sitting in the driveway.”

“I’ll be right down.”

And so Saturday began: Walkies on the river trail with my two favorite guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bright green tufts of grass. Mounds of moss. Tiny clusters of purple and white flowers. Crocus.

And Gromit, peeing on all of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A woman runs by.

“Whew,” Jim whispers. “She has your old boobs.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We talk about everything and nothing, as couples do.

We fantasize about simplifying our lives – selling everything and moving to the country. Or the city.

We talk about the things we need to do. The things we need to get.

“What about a Prius?” I ask.

“Do you really want to drive a car that sounds like an STD?” says Jim. “’Doctor, I think I have Prius. You might need to lance it.’”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two weeks ago you had to squint to see the green on the trail. It looked like hope.

Now everything is bright and bursting -- exuberant green.

It looks like joy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Blue October - Hate Me
I am reading: Neil
And I am: Relaxed

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I had Prius in college...well, I sure had something...but Never Fear, RID is here. RID is a Life Savior!!!! My roommate and I had a gallon jug of it!....Kills Everything!