Monday, April 16, 2007

Imus vs. the rest of us

Look at him.

Does this man have any business commenting on hair-dos, nappy or otherwise?

C'mon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“But Hedy! What about rap music? Black people use the n-word all the time! It’s a double standard! It’s NOT FAIR!”

Um. Right.

Are you actually complaining because you can’t use the n-word?

No?

All right then, are you complaining about double standards held by people that have lived with double standards here for hundreds of years? People who lived with separate but equal up until the 60’s? People who still live with different standards today, like a friend of mine who gets pulled over on a regular basis because he’s black and drives a Lexus?

Here’s the deal: If you’re white and you’ve never, ever laughed at a racist joke your whole life and you’ve never once uttered the n-word when you’re alone with your white friends, THEN you can gripe about double standards.

No? Not so much?

Then please, SHUT the FUCK UP about DOUBLE STANDARDS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“But Hedy! You said if it’s not true, you shouldn’t be offended!”

Right.

And I thought C. Vivian Stringer, the coach of the Rutgers women’s basketball team, was being just a little bit dramatic when she said: “Let the healing begin.”

What Imus said was offensive.

But if I’m on that team, I’m not hurt. I’m not offended. Oh, hell no.

I’m pissed off that the media are so focused on some washed up, dried up, angry old racist fuck and not on the fabulous season we had.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question: Why isn’t Imus heading to rehab like Mel Gibson and all the other celebrities who’ve suffered from verbal diarrhea over the past year?

Because he’s a recovering alcoholic and drug addict who used to get drunk/high while on the radio.

But he’s better now. Yep. All better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Hedy’s Shake Ya Ass mix
I am reading: Next by Michael Crichton (it’s better now – not a great story, but makes you think about DNA and stuff.)
And I am: Pretty goddamn good

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Double standard? Yes. Do I care? No. If black women feel it's fine that their own race can call them these vulgar names, then so be it.

Anonymous said...

1.)I don't fall for the racism crap anymore. It's complete garbage. Almost everyone in this country can be an ahole to anyone, at any time! I get just as pissed at white people as I do Blacks, Jews, Arabs, you name it. If I b*tch about a white person , no one cares, but if I b*tch about a minority , I'm a racist! That's pathetic. I'm an equal opportunity hater. I don't give a sh*t who you are or what you look like, if you make me mad I'm gonna let the cuss words fly. Just dont call me an Effin Racist because you're black. And I bet 98% of you feel the same way.

2.) Don't use the old excuse, "they arrested my friend because he's black." It's Fckin Lame and I'm tired of it! My wife has 3 speeding tickets in the last 15 months and guess what, she's WHITE!
Think about it, we all hate white trash just as bad as street gang bangers. We're not Racists for thinking that. We just can't stand the Scumbags. Period!

3.)Is Don Imus an idiot???? Absolutely. But guess what? Freedom of Speech is legal in this country. If you despise him, here is an idea.. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!
How come we still have to listen to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson???? Any of you remember Tawana Brawley?? Isn't Jesse Jackson a Fornicator? Jesse called NY, Hymie Town. But we still have to listen to them. These 2 are dispicable. They don't help the African American Society. They just find ways to make all African Americans feel like "Victims" of our society. Do you ever hear them encourage people to get an education? Or to work hard? Or to have children while married? Or to be a Great Dad? I haven't.