Friday, June 22, 2007

Thank you, Dick Cheney

I don’t know about you, but thinking about politics hasn’t been much of a priority around here lately.

It’s all the same people saying all the same things and BLAH de BLAH de fucking BLAH who cares it’s summer let’s go have a BEER.

Plus, there’s only so much prolonged outrage you can sustain for an administration that has systematically ignored the U.S. Constitution and its own constituents with impunity.

But not today, folks.

Dick Cheney has managed to stir up a heretofore unimaginable batch of fresh Fuck You in the Ear anger.

I’m sure you’ve heard about it. Here’s a summary from The Raw Story:

The Office of Vice President Dick Cheney told an agency within the National Archives that for purposes of securing classified information, the Vice President's office is not an 'entity within the executive branch' according to a letter released Thursday by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

"Your position was that your office 'does not believe it is included in the definition of 'agency' as set forth in the Order' and 'does not consider itself an 'entity within the executive branch' that comes into the possession of classified information,'" a National Archives official claims Cheney chief of staff David Addington wrote to him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So it all depends on what your definition of ‘entity’ is, Mr. Cheney?

Tell me something, all you staunch and sturdy Republicans: Is it worse for a man in the highest government offices to parse words over a blowjob or over national security?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Pink – U + Ur Hand
I am reading: Nineteen Minutes – Jodi Picoult
And I am: Angry again and it feels kinda good

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you limousine liberals all feel like you have to continue to defend Bill Clinton?
And why does anything that Cheney says inflame you anymore? We Republicans can't stand him either. Am I embarrassed about the Bush administration??? Yes, absolutely. But if you want me to vote democratic, you have to give me a better choice than John Kerry! And Hedy, don't come back and say that you're "Middle of the Road."

I am listening to: Everyone at work b*tch about their job!
I am reading:Shadow of the Wind
And I am: Feeling Feisty..Bring it!

Hedy said...

That's Lexus Liberal to you, Clem. I'm not defending Clinton at all. I'm saying it's pretty bad when the days of defining what 'is' is looks good compared to this shit. As for choices, I'm still with Barack Obama. Until he poops out a big scandal, he's it for me.

Anonymous said...

At this point, we should expect no less of the Cheney/Bush administration. Many tax dollars will be spent over the next 5 years investigating all of the wrongs that have been committed by this administration. Everyone who voted for these clowns in order to save a few dollars on their tax bills will have to answer for what we ended up with.

Taxman says "Go Ron Paul in '08"