Friday, May 19, 2006

Actually

got some work done on the train ride in this morning. It provides a little jump-start on the day and makes me feel like I’m slightly less behind than usual.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night I went bowling for the first time in nearly 20 years at Southport Lanes in Chicago.

A neat place. Not your typical smoky-dirty-trashy bowling alley. Probably the most fun I’ve ever had in rented shoes.

But I think the main reason it was better than expected was because of The Big Lebowski – the quintessential bowling movie.

There were a handful of us Achievers in the crowd so we spent the night cracking ourselves up with lines from the movie.

“Obviously you’re not a golfer.”

“This is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.”

“I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.”

“That rug really tied the room together.”

“I’ve got a beverage here.”

And of course: “The Dude abides.”

If you haven’t seen it, please do. If you’ve seen it and didn’t like it, give it another try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went bowling, yes. But I did not bowl well.

Honestly? 46.

My final score was 90-something, however, because of the dollar bills I stuffed in the ball before whipping it down the lane.

The pins at Southport Lanes are still set up manually. So if you throw them a little green they'll knock a few extra pins down for you.

There goes another one of Heather's Rules for Life I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: Healthcare practice docs
I am listening to: Not the fuckin’ Eagles, man.
And I am: Abiding

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OVER THE LINE!!!


-Walter Sobchak