Monday, May 22, 2006

I took

a different way to the train station this morning. By necessity more than anything – I paid a visit to the dry cleaner.

The drive was slightly more scenic than usual and seemed to be faster.

We’ll see if it's really faster or just a fluke when I do it again tomorrow morning.

I’m a big advocate of breaking out of habits – we creatures tend to go the same way, do the same things all the time. It’s comforting I guess.

For today, get out of your routine. Turn right instead of left and see where it takes you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did an amazingly thoughtless and selfish thing Thursday night. I was supposed to meet a very good friend of mine for dinner and instead I stayed at the bowling alley because I was having such a good time.

Ugly, isn’t it?

What’s worse, it’s not the first time I’ve done this to this particular friend. A friend I’ve known for nearly 25 years.

We get to see each other barely a handful of times each year. And I blew it off.

I’m sorry.

It isn’t nearly enough to fix the damage I’ve done this time.

There’s nothing I can do to make things better. So I’m working on figuring out why I did it in the first place.

Aside from the obvious answer that I am an incredibly selfish bitch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But wait there’s more: Today is his birthday.

Nice job, Heather. Way to go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: My corporate AmEx statement
I am listening to: R.E.M. – So. Central Rain
And I am: Selfish

0 comments: