Thursday, May 25, 2006

And it's deep too

Passing the train yard near Aurora. I am reading graffiti on the cars.

Here’s a new one: ‘Niggas Rule Forever.’

Interesting.

If in fact niggas are in charge, one would hope they’d do a better job of getting the word out.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, Heather.

You’re not supposed to use that word.

Really? I’m not so sure about that.

It’s not as patently offensive as the Classic N-Word.

It’s n-word lite.
~~~~~~~~~~~
And who are these niggas, really?

The idiot who penned that intriguing graffito probably wasn’t even African American.

Just some sad, attention-starved poseur white kid who listens to rap and wears G-Unit garb to piss off his decidedly white and benign middle-class parents.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stop saying it! Nigga is offensive! Stop! You’re white!

Fuck that.

Of course I would never be so stupid as to use that word among my African American acquaintances.

But c’mon. This is America.

If some nigga is gonna slap it on the side of a train car, I am free to talk about it.

Right?
~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: More train car graffiti
I am listening to: Richard Pryor - That Nigger's Crazy
And I: Ain't dead yet, motherfucker!

0 comments: