Monday, March 31, 2008

I heart today

Of course with Da retired now, my morning calls home will be forever changed.

I decide it’s critical to set the proper tone straight away so he understands the true nature of these important conversations:

“It’s your first day of retirement, Da. Try to do something special today, even if it’s just Mom.”
~~~~~~~~~~~
On one of the train rides home last week, I glanced behind the flip-down seats up top and saw this:









I, too, am a big fan of the crunchy-yummy goodness that is uniquely egg roll.

And while I can’t imagine proclaiming this deep and most definitely unrequited love to the world via train graffito, I understand the courage and passion behind it.

Of course the cynic in me says this is yet another way that commercialization is creeping into every aspect of our lives.

Although if that were the case, it probably would’ve said: “I heart Panda Express” or “I heart Manchu Wok” or some other fast food Asian fare.

Still, it’s got me thinking about a really good egg roll. And that's never a bad thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
By now you’ve heard of Hillary’s Bosnian debacle.

She was caught regaling her misguided minions with stories of how her husband’s administration often sent her to parts of the world deemed too dangerous for the president.

Sure, she lied (repeatedly) about landing ‘under fire’ in Tuzla.

But on this particular topic, I actually believe her.

Seriously.

I’m the most powerful man on the planet. I’m married to a complete battle-axe.

I’m sending her ass to every war zone in the world in hopes she might not make it home.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Skyway – The Replacements
I am reading: Into the Wild by John Krakauer
And I am: Doing something special today

3 comments:

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Motherf****.

Internet connection died while trying to post a ****** comment.

What it said (I think) - I don't heart egg rolls. I think they're gross. I heart wings.

And of course Hilary's lying. She's running for president. Just like Obama and McCain.

Posolxstvo's Observation (which may have been said by someone else some where some time, but it feels like an original thought so there!): The only people qualified to run the country already have better jobs and they won't leave them. The only people who want to run the country are those least qualified to do so.

(My timesheet entry for the last 5 minutes - WROTE A COMMENT ON HEDYBLOG THAT WAS EATEN BY THE RAVENOUS INTERNET BASTARD CONNECTION MONSTER)

molly gras said...

Pos (via Hedy) -
Are you expressing some deep-seated anger that must be addressed erst it comes out in socially-unacceptable ways (i.e., where certain closet pocket doors may find themselves violently wrenched free of their casing with the aid of a rather large sledge hammer?!)

Oooo! Maybe that'll be my unexpressed anger, not yours ... Oh well.

Dave said...

Well, the three of you made me smile and chuckle. As I read, I had various comments to make. I think I'll just do the (&_^ing word verification b&((%%)t thing, and keep smiling.