Saturday, May 17, 2008

God bless California

They finally did it - they legalized gay marriage in California.

Clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap.

I'm sure a certain percentage of homosexuals in that state are positively thrilled to finally have the same rights as those of us who happened to be born heterosexual.

Although I'm guessing this was not particularly welcome news for a good number of gays.

Think about it.

Thursday: "I'm SORRY, honey, you know I'd LOVE to MARRY you, but it's ILLEGAL."

Friday: "Damn, baby, what's the rush?"

I know plenty of long-suffering heteros who would've loved that excuse.

So let me just take this opportunity to welcome the gays of California to the lovely, hellish, wonderful and maddening world of marriage. Be careful what you ask for, ladies and gentlemen, because you just got it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
I am reading: Step by Step by Bertie Bowman (thank you, Nelson!)
And I am: Pretty goddamn good

0 comments: