Saturday, November 08, 2008

Dear Google

Dear Google,

No question about it - you guys (and gals, I'm assuming) are brilliant. And I love, love, love the special things you do with your logo commemorating holidays, milestones and whathaveyou.

But here's a very special request I'm hoping only you can help with: The Blog Breathalyzer.

The Blog Breathalyzer, Hedy?

Yes.

I woke up this morning knowing I'd posted two entries last night but HAD NO FUCKING CLUE what they were about. And yes, I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Deal with it. I'm hung over.

Anyhoo, Google guys/gals: Please invent this. A few puffs into the Blog Breathalyzer, and your computer automatically shuts down if you're intoxicated and ready to post inane, incoherent, weepy, and/or angry rants.

Bloggers the world over will thank you for it. Plus a handful of HedyBlog readers for sure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Amy Winehouse - Rehab
I am reading: Fark
And I am: hopeful

4 comments:

Dave said...

I think they already did it for 3:00 a.m. Emails to your Ex. You have to type a Turing test to be allowed to hit Send. And you're up a bit early given the hang over.

kengell said...

Friends don't let friends blog drunk. Perhaps you could head up "Bloggers Anonymous" and start a twelve step program for recovering bloggers?

Step 1: We admit we were powerless over alcohol — that our blogs had become unmanageable.

...

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

I realize that this will not help my chances of getting into journalism school, but I am one of those looneys who thinks that the
"Don't end a sentence with a preposition" is akin to the "Don't wear white after Labor Day" and "Men should always wear hats outside" rules - vestiges of older, but not necessarily better, times.

As far as the drunk blogging breathalyzer thingy, you just might be onto something. Imagine if we could hook those things up to not just our computers, but also our phones, the zippers on our pants, and maybe even on bowling shoes.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!

fermicat said...

Blog posts can be deleted, but those drunken emails cannot be taken back. Yeah, I learned this the hard way...