Thursday, November 27, 2008

On the other hand, thanks

Of course Da's clean bill of health tops the list this year.

It's odd, but the cancer was a blessing of sorts - it got him to stop smoking and start working out.

Getting the shit scared outta you will do that I suppose. Plus it made all of us hold on a little tighter to what's really important and that's a blessing, too.

Other things for which I am grateful, in no particular order:

My guys - Jim and Grommie, for making me laugh every day and for keeping me warm every night
My good friends - who know everything about me and love me anyway
My former friends - for teaching me to have a much greater appreciation for my current friends
My country - a place where the best candidate actually gets elected; not because he's a black man with a funny name, but in spite of it
My Mom - for still loving me in spite of my bleeding heart liberal whore tendencies
My new job, which is an unbelievable, crazy-ass blessing
Especially my boss - who's like my Zen master, my spiritual Sherpa and long lost twin brother
My iPhone - for making my life easier
That crazy black dude on TrueBlood
The #11 bus
Jerry Dog
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Commercials
I am reading: Nothing
And I am: Grateful

3 comments:

Susan's Snippets said...

Amen to all that and more!

i adore

fermicat said...

Happy day after T-Day. Hope Gromit got some good leftovers.

I'm grateful that we're on the fun side of the holiday now: eating, laughing, napping, enjoying. All of this beats the hell out of the cleaning, planning and cooking part of the holiday.

molly gras said...

Hedy, darlin', you're an absolute blogger blessing to me ...

thank you :)