Monday, January 12, 2009

Seven things you don't know about me

Favorite Poem:
When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer
by Walt Whitman

WHEN I heard the learn’d astronomer;
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me;
When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them;
When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick;
Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Non-Swear Word: Unfettered
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Belief: Separation only exists in our minds because of our bodies - in reality, we're all connected; we're all one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Swear Word: Fuckstick
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Sci-Fi Movie After Star Wars:
Contact
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Guilty Pleasure:
Scrabble on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Famous Dead People: Albert Einstein, Queen Elizabeth I, Mark Twain, Jesus Christ, Leonardo da Vinci.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: 24
I am reading: Nothing yet
And I am: Phoning it in today, sorry

2 comments:

Susan's Snippets said...

Hedy -

I love Chief's quote up in your header...although that could at times get you in trouble!

when you are seeing double

Anonymous said...

OMG....I just noticed your new quote. CM will be honored that he finally made headlines on your Blog!