Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Elusive Quarter

If you read last night’s entry, you might be thinking that I rather like the idea of dieing.

You would be correct. I have a feeling that like all great adventures it will be scary and exciting and liberating.

However, that doesn’t mean that I am tired of this life.

Not by a long shot.

There’s so much to do before I go. And there are all sorts of amazing things I will miss about this planet when I am gone.

Shaving my legs isn’t one of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cows. Running.

There’s nothing more disturbing, don’t you think?

Cows are supposed to be passive, placid creatures with nothing to do but moo and chew and poo.

Not yesterday. These cows were running. Like mad. Yes.

As if some urgent bovine matter was calling them back to the barn.

I didn’t like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A small downside to taking the train everyday is that I have to pay to park my car.

$1.50.

Which means I need a steady supply of quarters.

Usually there’s a baggie filled with them in my glove box.

But it’s empty and I’ve had to scramble like an addict for a fix each morning this week.

Today I experienced a small rush when I discovered four quarters in the tin cup in the laundry room that holds loose change from the washer and dryer.

The buzz was short-lived as there was only one quarter in the change holder in my car.

That elusive last quarter. Where could it be? What will happen if I can’t find it? I’m in the parking lot in desperate need of just one more.

A mad scramble. Then sweet relief.

Deep under the driver’s seat, a sad and very dusty quarter that had long given up hope of ever being used.

Lucky for both of us I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: Marketing status report
I am listening to: Frank Sinatra – Fly Me to the Moon
I am: Rather blah

0 comments: