Monday, March 20, 2006

Made

the 7:22 train this morning for a change.

I like being earlier than usual in to the office, but I generally stick with the 7:42 because of Richard, the train conductor.

Have I mentioned him?

First, let me say that I am not one for striking up conversations with strangers. It’s not something I do.

But last year, with all my obvious injuries (crutches, knee brace, etc.) Richard and I started talking. His wife had ACL surgery from a soccer injury. He helped me navigate the stairs and avoid other passengers getting on and off the train. He started bringing me water. I started bringing him cookies.

Now he’s Sir Richard. He reminds me a little of my Grandpa Kammer – bright blue eyes and a slow, deep way of talking that draws you in to the stories he tells.

And that’s why I rarely miss the 7:42.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
But today it’s the 7:22 and I’m sure I’ll be glad of the extra half hour before all the meetings start.

I will get nothing done today. I have meetings from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with no lunch break.

Tomorrow is the same.

All that time. Talking about doing things. Rather than doing things.

Ack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: Night by Elie Wiesel
I am listening to: Heather Nova – Walk This World
And I am: Vaguely disturbed

0 comments: