Wednesday, March 01, 2006

From yesterday

Sometimes if I’m early enough, I’m on the platform before the 7:42 train arrives. I can see it in the distance, waiting for the 7:20 train to pass by as it leaves loaded for the city.

Next: two short sharp bursts of the horn, followed by their hollow distant echoes to the west, then my train starts its slow smooth roll to the station.

Listening for those small echoes is one of my favorite parts of the day.
~~~~~~~~~~~
At lunch I laughed so hard my stomach hurt, I tore one of my contact lenses and chocolate mousse went up my nose.

You had to be there.
~~~~~~~~~~
I’m lucky to be walking across the Madison Street Bridge at the same time as a city bus lumbers through.

The bridge shakes and so do I with the weight of it – fabulous and huge.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading: Research on IT in the Healthcare Industry
I am listening to: People in Planes -- If You Talk Too Much (My Head Will Explode)
I am: Annoyed

0 comments: