Thursday, March 15, 2007

Zip zip zipping

Did this week zip by like a motherfucker, or what?

It was Monday and I was at some infernal user group thingy and now it’s practically Cookie Friday for the love of Spike.

And for some silly reason it’s felt like Tuesday all week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of zipping, the bike started up like a champ last night. First time since October.

I guess that'll make it easier to sell.

Jim keeps asking if I really (‘no, really’) want to get rid of it.

When you fall on your ass like an idiot in your own kitchen, it's hard to feel safe with 400 lbs. of bike between your legs.

I dunno. Maybe I'll change my mind on that One Last Ride in a month or so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I remember telling Da about the motorcycle two years ago.

“Do you think I’m too old?” I asked, not really knowing what to expect.

“Hedy, you’re never too old to get a motorcycle,” he said without hesitation.

It’s what I love love love most about my father: He’s absolutely fearless.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Maybe you should take up something safe, like knitting,” said Mom after the kitchen fall last Fall. “Then again, those needles are pretty sharp. You’d probably take an eye out.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think? Should someone as accident prone as me be riding a motorcycle?

Or should I cowboy up, STFU, and get back on the bike?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Violent Femmes – Blister in the Sun
I am reading: Case studies
And I am: Conflicted

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you love to ride the bike, why would you sell it?

It's like buying stocks. Does the Reward outweigh the Risk?

But if you keep the bike, you have to get some ink. So, what tat would you get and where would you put it?

Hedy said...

If you love to ride the bike, why would you sell it?
>Because I am accident prone.

It's like buying stocks. Does the Reward outweigh the Risk?
> I'm not sure at this point. If I fall down in my kitchen -- one of the safest places on Earth -- can I be trusted on the open road?

But if you keep the bike, you have to get some ink. So, what tat would you get and where would you put it?
>IF I ever got a tattoo, it would be your standard issue tramp stamp: On my lower back, a tribal symbol with a crescent moon in the center.

Dave said...

I meant to comment yesterday but got busy.

You really ought to sell the bike. Even if you weren't accident prone, bikes are unforgiving. What is a minor fender bender in a car becomes, if you are lucky, six months in a cast.

Sorry, no humor, just concern.

Anonymous said...

If you're prone to accidents, selling the bike might be a good idea. Ultimately, do you fear you'll have an accident? Getting on a bike with fear is a recipe for disaster. Food for thought.

Oh yeah, does Jim ride bitch?

-Mr. Uk