Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The new project

It was 1990.

I was heading east on Diversey behind a bright red pick up truck on a beautiful summer day in Chicago.

Four kids, sitting in the bed of that truck with their backs against the cab. Four kids, smiling back at me. Four kids - white, Hispanic, black - enjoying the ride.

My brain took a snapshot of those boys in that truck and I've been saving it ever since.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Babysitting for a family in Warrenville in the early 90's.

The daughter, Ashley, was all of six with bright red hair and freckles and a missing front tooth. She was standing in front of the neighbor's red horse barn in a red polka-dot sun dress.

Again, my brain registered this perfect moment picture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to learn how to take photos. Now, no more 'if I only had a camera' moments.

For my birthday, Jim got me a special fancy schmancy hoo-ha camera.

And I'm learning to use it.

So hopefully you'll see some of my progress over the coming months via the link to the right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: The Ataris - The Boys of Summer
I am reading: Dynamics GP registration list
And I am: Okay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your writing style.

Hedy said...

Thanks, cybermate! :)