Sunday, January 06, 2008

A place called nope

Jim is forcing me to watch American Gladiators tonight.

It's payback for making him sit through nearly four hours of debates last night.

Did you watch?

Edwards and Obama ganged up on Clinton and it was kinda fun seeing her angry little head kersplode all over the stage. This statement was particularly enlightening:

“I think it is clear that what we need is somebody who can deliver change. And we don't need to be raising the false hopes of our country about what can be delivered."

Note to Hillary: If you had maybe just a smidge of personality, you could pull off the whole "I'm a realist with a record" thing. All of us hopeless idiots are responding to Obama because he's offering something other than fear and blame in his campaign. He's giving us something to believe in again.

Wonder what your hubby from a place called Hope feels about all this gloom and doom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 8:32 p.m.:

"They should call it American Cameltoe," says Jim.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The McCain/Huckabee attack on Romney was considerably less interesting.

Romney's explanation: "In sports, you always go after the guy holding the ball."

A better analogy would be something related to sharks and blood in the water.

Of course Romney did win the Republican caucus in Wyoming - so that's, what? Three more people solidly in the Mitt camp?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 9:07 p.m. I realize American Gladiators is still on.

"Jeez, is this thing two hours?" I ask.

"Yep. It's like the debates. Only interesting."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In an interview on tonight's NBC Nightly News, Andrea Mitchell asked Hillary about Obama and the whole Inspirational vs. Experienced thing. Here's what she said:

"When they say to themselves, okay, I have a choice between a truly inspirational speaker who has not done the kind of spade work with the sort of, uh, experience another candidate has…"

Um, Hillary? Spade work? Is this a phrase you wanna use in reference to Obama?

Just asking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: My brain cells scream in agony
I am reading: The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
And I am: Ready for Monday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm for Change!"
How many times can we hear this???
Why do people cheer when they say it????
WHAT THE F*CK does it mean???
They have YET to say!

I want to know what I'm voting for! Just saying "Change" doesn't do it for me.

p.s. Hillary is Un-electable!...NEXT!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

holy shit!! she'd been better off trying to play Bills harmonica than use the word Spade..

Always,
Crusty~