Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Feels like home

The Chicago River froze, then broke apart so right now it looks like a giant hopeless jigsaw puzzle.

Sometimes steam rolls across the surface like a ghost.

It’s amazing how the river cuts through the city, changing your mood.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Opera House was buzzing around 7 p.m. last night when I left the office after a monthly management meeting.

There’s this smiling and expectant, yet reserved air among the ladies and gentleman (because that’s what they are, after all) waiting for friends and family in their finery and fur under the giant portico.

One time I watched an elderly couple holding hands walking gingerly to the entrance.

It made me cry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to know when it happened.

When the city stopped being scary. When it became comforting and comfortable.

Like home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: The Calling – Wherever You Will Go
I am reading: Microsoft Convergence docs
And I am: Sleepy

0 comments: