Thursday, February 22, 2007

Intro to Human Sexuality

The crowd on the 7:42 into Chicago is expanding.

Susan and Cindy are the veterans. I was the rookie until Josh joined us three weeks ago. This week we added Vince who designs networks for healthcare organizations.

It’s a good group. We talk politics, religion, pop culture, work, and relationships. And we laugh.

Josh attends law school in the city and I’m pretty sure that’s how the topic of having too much fun in college came up.

“Well it mightta been around the time I slept with my college professor,” says a half-joking Josh yesterday morning.

“You DID? ME TOO!” I say, delighted to find someone else who got more than their money’s worth outta costly college tuition.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I had a certain, shall we say, Zest for Life in college.

“I’m moving to Illinois,” I told my Mom one summer day in 1989.

“Well, that’s good because you’ve dated everyone in Michigan.”

She might’ve used a more colorful word than ‘dated’ but I don’t remember. Really.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Why did you do it?” asked Susan yesterday morning.

Josh and I agreed it was more for the glory and the story than anything else.

I won’t share the details of Josh’s encounter because that would be a Level Three Violation of HedyBlog Policy, but his scenario was fairly similar to mine.

Mine is better, though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“HEDY! You SLEPT with your HUMAN SEXUALITY professor?” screamed Susie, my college roommate and good friend.

Yes.

Although technically he wasn’t my professor.

It happened more than a year after I’d received an A in his class.

Perhaps that’s why he asked me out. Perhaps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ask anyone who went away to college and they’ll say it with more than a hint of wistful remembrance: They were some of the best years of my life.

You’ve got all the freedom of adulthood with practically no responsibility.

And you’re there with thousands of other people like you. What could be more fun?

It’s the right time for making bad decisions and learning from them and possibly waking up on the other side of campus in someone else’s puke-stained shirt. Or something.

The rest of your life is for making good decisions and being responsible and doing what you’re supposed to do. Right?

Do you have stories? What’s your best story from that best time in your life?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Bobby Brown – Don’t Be Cruel (album)
I am reading: Microsoft Convergence docs
And I am: Reminisce-ish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget when 1 smoking Hot girl, whom I went to HS with, showed up at my college dorm room one friday night. She was thee nicest chick I knew and my roommate was INSTANTLY all over her. She hung out with us all night, justa drinkin and a partyin. I told my roommate "Scott" to leave her alone, she wasnt like "That." So, the night ended and all 3 of us went up into our loft. She laid down in the middle of the loft and we kinda just crashed, UNTIL......she just blurted out..."AREN'T ONE OF YOU 2 GONNA F*CK ME?????" Scott and I got into an Instant FIGHT!!!! But she broke it up and Picked MEEEEEE! Scott jumped off the loft and I WENT TO WORK!!!!...and Let me tell you, did I ever GIVE IT TO HER! To this day, I would Bet ANYTHING that that was the BEST 6 SECONDS OF HER LIFE!!!!!!!!! I just pray to God that she doesnt remember it as well as I do! Maybe one day, I'll get a rematch.

Hedy said...

FINALLY! Someone comes through with a story! I thought this was destined to be just another sad HedyBlog disappointment like the Great Boob Challenge of '07. Thank you, Marathon Man!