Thursday, October 02, 2008

The question

"Hedy, when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines do you regularly read to stay informed and to understand the world?"

"I'm so glad you asked, Katie. I read the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Chicago Tribune on a daily basis. For a more global perspective, I also read the International Herald-Tribune and the Scotsman. I listen to the local NPR station as often as I can. For a more irreverent (yet truthful) perspective on world events, I subscribe to the Daily Show via iTunes and visit Fark every day. I also have Google reader set up on my iPhone so I can do a quick scan of news first thing in the morning. As for magazines, I subscribe to Newsweek and Real Simple. My husband gets Playboy and I read that every month, too. Great stuff in there about major Supreme Court rulings and whathaveyou."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Amazing Life - Jem
I am reading: Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky
And I am: Informed

7 comments:

fermicat said...

Really? 'Cus I read all of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years.

I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news too. Georgia isn't a foreign country (OK, it is, but I'm talking about this Georgia, you know... the redneck one where I live), where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C. may be thinking and doing when you live down there in Georgia (the redneck one)?' Believe me, Georgia (the redneck one) is like a microcosm of America.

Susan's Snippets said...

"Katie, I read on a daily basis, my local newspaper, my MSN main page when I boot up my computer and every week or so my mother tells me about what she has read in the current edition of The National Enquirer...thank you so much for asking."

sarah's unmasking

Anonymous said...

Nice approach. Inventive yet direct. No name calling yet forcefully blunt. Creative. You are a quick study.
I am proud... continue...
Master Gromit

Moe Wanchuk said...

HEY....this month is "Girls of the Big 10"
Can you send that to me?
I want to see if I've put any of them "On the Tape"

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Seems to me that "world view" is a term that tends to be used as a weapon these days. Especially when phrased like "So in your world view, how does this work?" (Or something similar).

The way the question is initially asked, it seems to me (and I could be wrong) that the asker is implying that your lenses are cracked.

Anonymous said...

Okay... I've finally put my paw on it... Moe is actually...
Glenn Quagmire
Google it...
Gromit

kengell said...

Dear Hedy,

I never thought this would happen to me...