Friday, April 04, 2008

User error

As my friend Pos said, it's been a rough week technology-wise.

Last night was the capper.

After nothing but Cheetos and Cheerios for dinner all week - Jim's been in California - I decide it's time to pull out all the stops and make a frozen pizza.

Standing in front of the oven for what is probably the first time since Thanksgiving, I hit the BAKE button. I punch 4 - 5 - 0 on the numbered panel like a pro.

I push START.

"PUSH START" flashes from the tiny screen on the oven.

"I am pushing start," I say to the oven.

I push START again.

"PUSH START" flashes the screen somewhat indignantly.

"I AM PUSHING START!" I scream at the oven.

That's when I realize I'm pushing the START button for the lower oven, not the top oven. In which the frozen pizza is waiting to bake.

Last time I try to cook. Ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am listening to: Modest Mouse - Missed the Boat
I am reading: Homework
And I am: Domestically impaired

4 comments:

Susan's Snippets said...

Stupid oven - it should have known what you wanted to do!

cuckoo

Anonymous said...

stupit!

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

Thanks for the plug :) My readership has doubled.

(2 x 0 = 0)

molly gras said...

Domestically impaired?! Surely there's a tax exempt status in there somewhere!!

Let me know, 'cause I too should qualify!

:)